- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling Level 3
- Diploma in Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT)
- Advanced Diploma in Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (REBT)
I also hold CPD certificates in:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Behaviour as communication
- Arts in Therapy
- Human Development
6 years working as a counsellor and emotional wellbeing support worker with the NCT, in Secondary Schools and with private clients.
2 years working privately as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
Accredited member of the National Counselling society.
Enhanced DBS checked and fully insured.
How I work
I’m Alison Allart, a psychotherapist based in East Sussex.
I’ve studied with The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and follow the British Association of Counselling and Psychology code of ethical practice and professional protocols.
I approach therapy in a calm, friendly, non-judgmental and realistic way. This approach enables me to build trusting, honest relationships with people and to understand what obstacles are preventing them from reaching their goals.
In Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) I follow a structured model which consists of the following:
- Assessment – Problem listing, goal setting and understanding of unhealthy belief systems
- Disputation – Talking through, debating and discussing what we have learned and discovered
- Integration – Putting into practice what you have learned and believing in it. Becoming your own therapist
Because each individual is unique, I can include many therapeutic philosophies to help our sessions become meaningful:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Assertiveness and Compassion Therapy